FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Title explains all

Atlantic City

britrock88

Re: Atlantic City

Post by britrock88 on Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Admin wrote:The sad thing for me is if we lose, it won't be due to anything amazing Chief has done (other than scanning me right away, which I think was a good trust-building move), it will just be that we weren't able to sort out this mechanic and got a bit screwed with the result of brit's lynch.

Could have just believed me when I was on the block for the several days prior. Smile

It didn't help at all that I was nightfalled against before I had even checked in to the thread for the day. Who led that charge?

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri May 03, 2013 4:08 pm

*raises hand sheepishly*

I'm a bit miffed that the bad cop ability was permanent when nearly every other service had an expiry date, other than the friends for life thing, which was pretty explicit in being 'for life'. But like I said in thread, if you had revealed as your role, I probably wouldn't have believed it anyway.

britrock88

Post by britrock88 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:23 pm

And revealing my role would have thwarted my major win condition, too. I was pretty much stuck.

Danny

Post by Danny on Fri May 03, 2013 4:39 pm

But use logic, planted evidence doesn't disappear. I was the one who planted evidence on britrock so at least I did something mildly useful

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 pm

We were so far ahead, I didn't think there would be harm in lynching him even if it was wrong (plus coming off a string of positive seer results with good outcomes probably influenced my thinking). No services for a day was a completely unexpected consequence. The nightfall string I led I do regret though.

murrayyyyy

Post by murrayyyyy on Fri May 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Danny wrote:But use logic, planted evidence doesn't disappear. I was the one who planted evidence on britrock so at least I did something mildly useful

It was the only thing that was successful on our team the entire time. Besides when I started betting you guys would die.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Danny wrote:But use logic, planted evidence doesn't disappear.

I blame brit being too busy gambling to go through his luggage the past 4 days.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Lucky tie-breaker result. Still a chance.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri May 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Well, if it's any help the planted evidence would only last one investigation. So you could have always scanned again! lol

but yes, there were a few permanent things that came up once a game - the brutal and the cunning. These would have given abilities to the village too. given the nature of the game it didn't feel too out of whack, though it certainly ended up having a big effect here. Just be glad no one even bid on the cunning role.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri May 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Admin wrote:Lucky tie-breaker result. Still a chance.

Yep, village gets a big break. Path's bid would have won the PI for Chief, so that makes a big difference. obviously not having him around tomorrow to help the mafia, and *hopefully* clearing things up to the village means it's back in their court. If they still are confused I don't know what to say.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Even if they screw the next lynch they might be able to pull it off with services if they forget the seer and get the BG + slut.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 am

Did Narc and Jackal win their bets or are they still broke? That could be an issue if they didn't bet on everyone.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat May 04, 2013 4:23 am

Narcizo took over my post lead. That game was probably my only chance to ever win that.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat May 04, 2013 9:33 am

Incidentally, the write-up for path's lynch was top notch.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Sat May 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Heh, thanks, I enjoy writeups if I have the time. Though usually my best ones are in PM. I think Narc and Jackal both won some money. The village is in pretty good shape now. It all came down to getting rid of Path, so they're lucky the tie went that way. Not sure why they were content to leave it a tie though.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat May 04, 2013 6:54 pm

Autumn wrote:Heh, thanks, I enjoy writeups if I have the time. Though usually my best ones are in PM. I think Narc and Jackal both won some money. The village is in pretty good shape now. It all came down to getting rid of Path, so they're lucky the tie went that way. Not sure why they were content to leave it a tie though.

I was surprised mau didn't change his vote, but if CW is lynched there, it is probably game over so it ended up being a good decision, assuming it was intentional.

And yeah, with path gone, looks like the village should be favored to close this out. They could actually use my original bidding plan at this point or go with Jackal's idea of no lynch or Narc's idea.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Ha, nice job by Coffee with his reaction after the service win. He fooled me as well.

EDIT: Though not like Chief could have killed him anyway. Pretty impossible position for him.

mauchow

Post by mauchow on Sat May 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Ugh, I played an awful game.

I couldn't piece anything together playing from my phone a majority of the time. I think what really hurt me is that it was an 8:00 deadline (CT) whereas when I get a 9:00 deadline I usually have a good hour to really dig into the thread before deadline...but by the time I get home at 5:30, I eat, play with kid, lay him down around 7:45. I missed so many bids and deadline votes this game because of it. It's my own damn fault but still... I just needed to tell my wife this is how it's going to be!!!! Hah.

Oh, well.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun May 05, 2013 8:30 am

I chuckled at these two CR posts, one before night results and one after night results:

I tend toward CW's thinking, that path was the source of the second bids we were saying and unable to explain. With path gone, I would presume we only have one wolf and that that wolf owns the nightkill.

I would have preferred CW not get the seer, no matter who he scanned. We can't trust what he says, especially if it's possible the last wolf could have more than one bid. We don't knowbyet if that was for sure because of path, or if it was some other way.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm surprised no one yet has made the point that if you think path was the reason for the double-bidding (as a few have mentioned) and Coffee is claiming the seer, how could Coffee have made the night kill? The only possibility is if he was sure Mau bid for the seer but how would he know that when CR admitted to having money too?

path12

Post by path12 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Admin wrote:
    Someone is fucking with my bank account. There is now like $900 in there but all of it is unaccessable. That's the only tangible thing so far and I got that message this morning.

This is awesome by the way.

I wanted to get across what was happening but without getting too close to the wording of the PM.

That was such a frustrating end to a fun game. Autumn, you bastard. Evil or Very Mad

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Sun May 05, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't feel bad about the consequence, path, since you guys hired the killer four times I think! But maybe I should have made it much plainer what was happening, I don't know. I know it can suck to have your ability pulled out from you but I figured it was a fair trade that you could still post your thoughts and count as good.

path12

Post by path12 on Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 am

Don't get me wrong, the mechanic is fine though I didn't actually realize in your last PM that my vote wouldn't have counted at all -- I had expected to get a message who to vote for later and figured if I didn't do that I would be killed.

It was frustrating in the sense that how often do you get scanned clean and then remain a main lynch target immediately?

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 am

Yeah, the Mafia had the ability to move your vote if they wanted, but I don't think that ever ended up being used.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 am

I would make that mechanic less permanent, maybe start with just being in the mob's pocket for one day, but the problem there is sometimes that one day ends up being worthless ot the mob. Like they got a couple votes a few days ago but it was when the vote was a landslide anyway. Hard to balance making it actually helpful to the mob and hurt hte village without it being too much.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon May 06, 2013 3:14 pm

These guys are killing me, but I'm sure they're not in the best place mentally either, when you sit and think about the game forever. Anyway, at least now I can say if Chief pulls off a win it will be well-deserved.

Presumably now Chief will bid on the ladies (around 2500+ or whatever crazy amount he really has), claim he didn't win them, and hope to convince Narc to vote Jackal tomorrow, and assuming Narc bids on the seer, he gets sent the ladies.

path12

Post by path12 on Mon May 06, 2013 3:51 pm

I feel for Coffee. It sucks to get mad in game, as I did earlier as well. But for Autumn, I'd consider that a complement to your mechanics!

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Mon May 06, 2013 4:25 pm

Ugh. I knew I'd make a money mistake eventually, but I hate it to actually impact the game.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon May 06, 2013 5:07 pm

I think they would've voted Coffee without that money reasoning anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

britrock88

Post by britrock88 on Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Chief is weaving a fine tapestry in the thread today.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue May 07, 2013 1:50 pm

I wish Jackal was around today. It would be great to have a final day with three active posters going at each other.

I'll blame myself for a good portion of the loss if it happens. We were doing great when we were just playing Werewolf, but when I tried to have us game the system, it set us back a good ways and we wasted a bunch of time and votes sorting out what happened.

mauchow

Post by mauchow on Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Well I take part of the blame too.. I missed out on a lot of betd and bids. I had over 1000 when I died and cr no doubt benefitted from the lack of my bidding and then getting my money.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue May 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Whew.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:40 am