FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Title explains all

Princess Bride Returns

Admin
    Admin

Princess Bride Returns

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:37 pm

Damn, Chief was the Princess? Late in the day I actually thought he was Inigo the way he was playing so provocatively. I assume they must have scanned him and found him out.

I used my protection night 2 after Jackal's fake reveal to make sure I could at least reveal two scans, probably a bad move, but oh well. Didn't fool the ROUS obviously.

Admin
    Admin

Re: Princess Bride Returns

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Shame I didn't reveal before deadline, presumably it would have stopped the scan that found them the Princess. Ah well. At least there should be some decent clues left and the village should still have some decent trust among a number that are left, barring the 50% conversion chance of course.

Danny

Post by Danny on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Yeah since you used protection anyway a pre deadline reveal would have been cool. Tough call in the moment though

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

I also didn't think of this until after deadline, but it's possible I was never the target for the iocane powder since in the movie Westley was immune to it.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

CR was actually my first scan target, didn't get to do it N1 obviously, but stick with him N2. Got the seer to reveal, took another villager with me in death .. all in all somewhat successful few days of wolfiness.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Admin wrote:I also didn't think of this until after deadline, but it's possible I was never the target for the iocane powder since in the movie Westley was immune to it.

We discussed this at length - I was still going to try it on you, my theory was that you would probably not die but you might lose your ability to block (if you'd still had it).

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm

I must have been rusty after such a long layoff, you sniffed me out way too easily Danny

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Danny wrote:Yeah since you used protection anyway a pre deadline reveal would have been cool. Tough call in the moment though

I didn't use it until that night actually. I don't do well with split-second decisions. I was trying to decide whether or not to reveal, to slow play the reveal, or hold it for a while and finally just decided to reveal straight away since we seemed to have some decent info to work with.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:53 pm

The Jackal wrote:CR was actually my first scan target, didn't get to do it N1 obviously, but stick with him N2. Got the seer to reveal, took another villager with me in death .. all in all somewhat successful few days of wolfiness.

Damn, that's ridiculous. Nice work.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:00 pm

So really you dying is all Danny's fault for forcing me to fake reveal Wink

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:05 am

What happened with the iocane powder there. Maybe i need to reread the description but I thought only one of them would die. Or was the prince a brutal?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 am

Autumn wrote:What happened with the iocane powder there. Maybe i need to reread the description but I thought only one of them would die. Or was the prince a brutal?

EF made it cool - I had the choice of putting the poison in either of the cups or both of them.. went with both just to be safe.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 am

lol, that's hilarious.

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 am

Though I'm not sure it's quite fair. A wolf on the lynch is going to know they're going down today or tomorrow, so there's little incentive to keep themselves alive.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:18 am

By the way, if I revealed in thread, I lost my self-protect ability. I hadn't asked EF if I could hint or whatever without outright saying I am Westley, but presumably that would've been ok. I liked that addition from last time.

Autumn, what kind of fun mischief could DPR have done this go-around?

Autumn

Post by Autumn on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:25 am

Yeah "no reveal" clauses turn really difficult to manage really fast. I think I had something similar with Batman.

If I had found you, JAG, I could have chosen whether to kill you and take your place, or to let you become the Dread Pirate (in which case you would have gained some ability/trait I don't know about) and I would have become a vanilla villager. Either way my victory condition was to find you and make it to the end of the game.

I was excited because I figured if the seer ever revealed, and managed to live a night, I could find you and kill you, but I would have gained your seer ability. That would have been a nice trick and nobody would know what had happened.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

That would have been cool, sorry Autumn. I love neutral roles.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 am

Not sure if Coffee was converted, but otherwise I'm surprised he would go with Zinto over mau. Mau tacked onto Jackal when it looked like he was going down whereas Zinto did so when it was still in doubt. Also, Zinto didn't go for the iocane whereas Mau did, and we know at least one wolf was on the iocane (and probably more than one unless they are just having a terrific game for luck). I do wonder if Zinto could be the ROUS though.

Chief Rum

Post by Chief Rum on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:58 am

Hey everyone. First time posting in here.

Yes, I was the Princess, and that was why I was playing so weird and over the top. I was actually trying to be a constant lynch option so the wolves wouldn't try to NK me (figuring I would be lynched). The wolves' conversion advantage starts with my death, so I figured to try to stay alive as long as possible. That's hard to do, to stay off the wolves' radar, but also not get lynched.

Of course, it was a moot point, since The Jackal found me right away, lol. Was that just your plan, Jackal, or did I tip you off somehow?

I find my lack of success at becoming a lynch target rather funny. I sometimes feel like hoopsguy once did, y'all won't ever lynch me until you're sure I'm a wolf, lol.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 pm

I was deciding between a few vets to scan for the Princess, really just blind luck that it happened to be you. I know I have a lot of trouble reading you, so I felt like I might not be compelled to scan you later based on something you said - but yeah, really just very lucky.

britrock88

Post by britrock88 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Strange game -- a vanilla (for the first time in a while), but with a rare (and fairly useless, other than keeping it out of wolves' hands) item worth safeguarding.

Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:14 am

Welp, turns out I was pretty on top of my game - had the wolves pegged, aside from Jackal. Pity the bastards had to off me. Smile

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Predict Lathum as duke. Not much of a stretch the way he played today, but still.

murrayyyyy

Post by murrayyyyy on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Well I fucked up on the call of Brit or Zinto in my mind. I thought either one was the Rous early on and didn't realize it until Zinto mentioned his own voting pattern. Damn myself for not typing it when I thought about it the first time.

May have given us a chance but when village voters go silent again you really don't have a shot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:00 pm