FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FOFC Werewolf Forum for Out of Game Players

Title explains all

+3
Autumn
hoopsguy
Admin
7 posters

Clue: Master Detective

Admin
    Admin

Clue: Master Detective Empty Clue: Master Detective

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:54 am

Speculation thread for the game.

Doh! (For the last two night kills)
    hoopsguy

Clue: Master Detective Empty Re: Clue: Master Detective

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:35 am

Want to give us your breakdown of the game? Will start speculating with that in hand Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:39 am

Well, I've got a pretty good idea what's going on currently, so it would depend on what you want spoiled.

How about this, I'll open myself up to questions you might have about what's been going on this game. There are some things I don't actually know though, which might come as a surprise.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 am

OK, I'm a little confused by the Big 6 revealing themselves in thread and then hitting their informants.
    Or was it the informants hitting them?
    I don't understand what the informants are doing with their night actions - that is a fairly big hole for me when trying to figure out what is going on.

Do you have insight into that?

What were your starting powers as Mr. Boddy?
    Did you have primary/secondary win conditions?

Why were you so inactive in this game? I would have thought this would be a fun one for you to speculate on, just like Chief and I were doing at the outset ... before you so cruelly eliminated us both.
    Autumn

Post by Autumn Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:50 am

Quite an exciting night this last one!

I can add that my character had a day kill he could use, and was a possibility to be a convert. After my death, CW said I was only just becoming eligible to convert that next day - the wolves could have chosen to give up a night kill to convert me, was part of it.

The village has done a good job of catching Murderers, but there's so much else going on behind the scenes that they still seem behind the eight ball.
    Autumn

Post by Autumn Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 am

I think there may have been some disconnect there between Big 6 doing what was best for the village versus playing for their own conditions. Someone said that they didn't have a separate victory condition, and that may have been a problem. You have to give them incentive not to reveal. For example, I would have made it so that getting caught by the Informers would be bad for them, then they'd want ot keep their own ID secret even more. But yeah, if I'm one of them, I'm playing both sides - knowing htat if I become murderer I don't want to get caught, so keeping quiet.

I had a bit of that in my role. I knew I could become a murderer, and thought it might have to do with my day kill, so I wasn't about to reveal that.
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:56 am

I'll happily give you guys the full rundown of WTF is going on if you'd like. Most of you know bits and pieces.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Alright, lets work through this...

Here's what happened last night for a start. We had a bonus kill (unsure why we got it, Coffee just informed us that we had it). Brit was one clear target (we knew path couldn't guard him based on the confused reaction he had to Chubby, who was trying to protect the fact that path had guarded brit that night) and then we originally targeted a second person before at the last minute I had the clever idea to target Zinto, killing a person who had been scanned good and figuring the village would think that path had been converted so they would waste a day lynching him. What I didn't anticipate (considering how he had played the game prior to that point it seemed a fair assumption) was that path would actually try to kill Zinto himself, which triggered the bloodbath resulting in my death.

I believe what happened with bullet / Chief is that Chief spied on bullet which caused bullet to take him down and convert to the wolves for D2. The first night bullet used his 'discover a role' ability on Danny, which wasted it since Danny wasn't yet in the house.

I have no idea what happened with font's conversion. She didn't go after ntn, so either ntn targeted her (which would've been bizarre) or a teammate somehow made it happen.

I started off as the only wolf. I had knowledge of two other people who won with me (role and player name for one, only role name for the other). I could not be affected by any informant abilities. I also could duke the lynch if I was the lynch during the first two days. No special win conditions.

I actually had some decent reasons to not be quite as active but I didn't want to seem like I was complaining about real life stuff and use that as an excuse, especially since I was a wolf. My youngest got sick Tuesday night and I spent the day with her Wednesday, also having to deal with a toilet issue that day. It worked out that there was a lot of other chaos going on in the game so I was able to be under the radar, because a decent bit of my free time was spent debriefing the new wolves each day there was a new conversion. I knew I wouldn't avoid scrutiny for long though since there were so many reveals and there were only so many places for Boddy to hide amongst the people who started at the house. I actually had multiple reasons for wanting to kill you where I did...I was afraid you would bring back Chief and he would indicate what happened with his death (though I missed that bullet had basically revealed that in the thread after he was the lynch, doh!), I wanted brit to continue to arouse suspicion since I didn't seem a likely scan target and hoped he might get converted, I didn't want to target someone who might be a conversion target so that eliminated people who started in the house, and of course you would have eventually caught me due to your greatness. Smile
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:14 pm

FWIW - The NTN / font fiasco can be summed up very simply.

NTN fucked up. He had a total brain fart, and targeted font. The rest is history.

The Chief/Bullet conversion was, as many thought, dumb luck.
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 pm

And, you got a second kill last night due to Prince Azure dying. If all characters were in the house, and Azure died without converting, you got a bonus kill the following night. That was it.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:46 pm

The reason I copped to the reveal in thread was that I had screwed up my power.
    I didn't realize it was a one-use ability, so I had started discussing how I might use it going forward and then CW clued me in. Oops. At that point, I figured making myself a bigger target in the thread - right about the time I expected to get much more busy at work (I didn't) - seemed like the best way for me to help keep better roles safe.

And if you did decide to leave me alive, then that was just fine too. I like playing aggressive villager. I felt like I was making pretty good headway on Day 2 in terms of identifying the Big 6, which was allowing me to work backwards on the others.

JAG, you always get a longer leash from me because we're wired pretty similarly in terms of participation, hashing out game mechanics, votes, etc ... but I was surprised at how quiet you seemed. I don't think I would have come calling the next day, but you were definitely on the radar. As it turns out, the village hit you up on Day 4 so I'm not sure how much (if any) savings there was in terms of me applying heat. Everyone else did a good enough job on their own.

CW - was Path able to actually guard Zinto, given that it was his informant? From other Informant/Big6 interactions it seemed like if those roles were in same place that the Informant died. If that was the case, why would Path/JAG/Zinto all die, other than idea that this game is a bloodbath?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Apparently if path and I interacted, we would have killed each other, so you got that along with the informant getting killed by path since it all happened at the same time. I had no idea if path and I tangled that that would happen, so it was a surprising ending for me. I actually was worried someone who was left would target me for a night action nullifying move which would have basically crushed us.
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm

He still was perfectly capable of guarding Zinto. And did. The bodyguard (path) was a little more powerful than normal - he prevented ANY actions being taken on his guarded target. If it was a murderer who attacked, however, he dies defending his target (and kills the offending wolf).

But, since it was his informant, he proceeded to kill the guy he was guarding, too. And thus, technically converted as well, which is why he was red in the writeup.

And even more amusingly, Zinto DID use his ability to kill you, JAG. But since he's an informant, it didn't work on you.
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 pm

I have to say, given the lack of belief in my reveal once I got out of the D1 lynch, I had the feeling an experienced wolf was behind the idea of keeping me in the game. It was good for a couple days' squabbling with Chubby. So way to go, JAG.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm

For the record brit, I tried to kill you night 1 because I thought you were Wadsworth. Because DV was disguising himself as you, I ended up killing him instead. That worked out well for a few reasons, one was that I didn't realize you were a possible convert, another was that DV's ability was pretty powerful, another being the confusion / discussion you were generating as the surprisingly alive seer, and lastly I didn't really want the village to know I had voted a villager and a villager opened the game voting me when I was the only wolf out there. It also never seemed like I was a likely scan target. Looking back with path guarding you night 1+3, it does look like it ended up being a good decision to avoid you N2+N3, but the village did a pretty good job of eventually deciding to let you live despite their misgivings.
    fontisian

Post by fontisian Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Due to NTN suicide play, I went into day 3 knowing that my chances of survival were pretty terrible. My two goals were to survive long enough to use my powers to kill a towny and to incriminate innocent people, namely Britrock. I like to think that Britrock would have been lynched on day 4 if JAG had heeded my dying wish and killed Chubby.
    path12

Post by path12 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Admin wrote:
    Brit was one clear target (we knew path couldn't guard him based on the confused reaction he had to Chubby, who was trying to protect the fact that path had guarded brit that night)

Crap. I actually could have guarded brit last night. Chubby was right about my going for PF the night before but I was trying to walk a line between successfully killing the motorist and not getting lynched so I didn't want the village thinking I was actively trying to convert.
    path12

Post by path12 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Autumn wrote:I think there may have been some disconnect there between Big 6 doing what was best for the village versus playing for their own conditions. Someone said that they didn't have a separate victory condition, and that may have been a problem. You have to give them incentive not to reveal. For example, I would have made it so that getting caught by the Informers would be bad for them, then they'd want ot keep their own ID secret even more. But yeah, if I'm one of them, I'm playing both sides - knowing htat if I become murderer I don't want to get caught, so keeping quiet.

I had a bit of that in my role. I knew I could become a murderer, and thought it might have to do with my day kill, so I wasn't about to reveal that.

It was tough to keep quiet because of the whole "the optimum strategy is to lynch the Big 6" tangent, especially as it became clear that we did have the seer/BG/Mr Green roles in there. I held off my reveal as long as I thought I feasibly could but once Chubby came out as Wadsworth there wasn't much room left to hide.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Oh, well that's kind of funny then. The way Chubby was going on about how it must have been your scan and all that made me feel like he was trying to feed you a line and you were just generally confused by it.
    path12

Post by path12 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:40 pm

I was all excited to try out my story of being blocked last night while Zinto was killed and seeing if I could have pulled it off. Brit getting killed would have hurt though because I was going to try and buy a day by having him scan me (and then killing him of course).
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Yeah, in retrospect, maybe I shoulda added a seperate condition for the Big 6. My theory was along the lines of the fact that three of the most powerful roles were in the Big 6 (seer, bodyguard, and insta-vote-ender), so they'd have incentive to keep their traps shut.

Ah well, no matter what happens, you can never anticipate what those crazy players do.
    britrock88

Post by britrock88 Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm

I would have been glad to keep my trap shut if I hadn't been on the block! Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Did Chief Rum start off knowing about Chubby and his role? I was wondering if there was a connection with how Chief was kind of mysteriously talking about not voting him D1.
    Coffee Warlord

Post by Coffee Warlord Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Nope. The only people who knew anything about each other was Mr Boddy knowing who his lawyer (Meadowbrook) was, and vice-versa.
    hoopsguy

Post by hoopsguy Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:37 pm

I suspect I would not have been enthusiastic about the "kill Big 6 first" idea either if I had been one of those folks Smile
    But from where I sat, it made the most sense early on... if you are going to miss, may as well eliminate a potential convert.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 pm

So to keep things stirred up, there are three players left that count as murderers even though there is only one left the village needs to eliminate (the one that I had PM rights with). Of these three:

One I had PM rights with --- Murderer A
    One I knew role and player name --- Murderer B
    One I knew role but not player name --- Murderer C

A knows B, but not C
    B knows neither A nor C
    C knows A, but not B

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:42 pm